Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gulf Shores--Day 1

This vacation was a little bittersweet!  In some ways I could not wait to get away but I knew when we got back Ava would be starting Kindergarten.  I enjoyed every minute of summer but the vacation did seem to come way to fast.  I have been surprised that I have enjoyed the week and I rarely even thought of the dread to await our return home.

You will notice a theme to our week....beach going, game playing, and eating out.  Three of my favorite activities!

We ate at our favorite restaurant, The Gulf Steamer.  The shrimp and crab are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
We usually eat there at least twice.  My mouth is watering just typing about it.
It is located right on the marina so I had the perfect photo op.





This food is worthy of a picture.





And seriously, how cute are they??  Emma loves Ava to feed her!

We played "chicken foot" every night! And, every night they lost!  I am the Q.U.E.E.N. of this game.
(I think it's because I played it so much growing up!) It took them 4 nights to accept this and we moved on to a more dangerous game.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative