Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick Kid

My sweet girl is sick. She woke up in the middle of the night and was burning up. Poor baby, she was in a puddle of sweat. I made her an appointment and by this afternoon her fever was over 103. Strep negative. Flu negative. We have to collect a urine sample in the morning so they can test to see if she has a bladder infection. Have any of you ever done this? Not fun. We could not get her to go in the doctors office.

Her fever broke a little tonight and she seemed to be feeling better. Jarred has a tradition that every time he is sick he wants a Popsicle. Not any Popsicle, only ones with cream in the middle. So tonight, a new tradition was started.

I think this is one tradition Ava will like!
I sure hope she feels better in the morning. I hate seeing her like this. She just wants her head on my shoulder. Not smiling. Not talking. Not playful. Poor baby, mama wants you to feel better soon.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that she feels better very soon & I like the popsicle tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she feels better! We just went through all of that with our 4-yr old. He had RSV..which I think is a virus. But his fever was 102-103 and it was for a few days. It was horrible. Then I got it, which was also no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kiddo! Hope she's feeling better now. It's the worst when your baby is sick and they can't tell you what's wrong.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative