Thursday, July 22, 2010

Corn Shucking Party 2010

I love fresh cream corn. Who doesn't right? I loved it even more when my mamaw or mom make it. Loved, key word. I am really not in love with corn anymore. Who knew one could have a skin reaction. Yes, I did. Can you say itch! Yikes!!! I did not have any idea the kind of work that goes into making it. I have a whole new appreciation for cream corn in the can.
I think it is safe to say next year I will be careful in asking for this to be made. I mean really, who wants to shuck 200 ears of corn? Then wash it, then finally cut off the cob. If you come to my house and I feed it to you feel loved! Really loved!It was a family affair. Only my sister bailed early. Can't really say I blame her.
At least we have quite a bit in the freezer. I will be pulling mine out only for special occasions!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of work! I'm not looking forward to shucking the five fresh ears someone gave me from their garden! I love to eat it, just not prepare it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative