Thursday, January 22, 2009

Girls day out

Our local radio station, KSBJ hosted a Girls day out that included guests from Proverbs 31 ministries and Kate Goslin from John & Kate plus 8. Andee and I went(I know...bed rest but I really wanted to go and I am allowed two hours a day!). Wow, what an amazing day. The speakers were amazing and it was fun to see Kate in person. I love watching the show, it sometimes drives me crazy but you just have to watch. One of the speakers, Lysa TerKeurst really inspired me. She was talking about her book "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God". I have told many of you my desire to sponsor a child from Compassion International when KSBJ was talking about it last year. I never did it [;-(] but today nothing was going to stop me. I sponsored a little girl named Getenesh. She is 7 years old and lives in Ethiopia. Please pray for her and her family! Andee sponsored a little boy too...I can't remember his name but I will post info about him when I get it from her.On a side note, my neighbor, Debra is going to Haiti to meet her son Ronel that she is trying to adopt. Please pray for her as she is there and that their meeting goes well!

1 comment:

 

Site design by Fabulous K Creative